...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING
TO 4 AM CST FRIDAY...
* WHAT...Northwest winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt and
waves up to 3 ft expected. Locally higher gusts near 35 kt along
the North Shore possible.
* WHERE...Portions of Lake Superior.
* WHEN...From 10 PM this evening to 4 AM CST Friday.
* IMPACTS...Conditions will be hazardous to small craft. A Gale
Warning may be needed for the North Shore.
Anyone operating a smaller vessel should avoid navigating in
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THURSDAY TO NOON CST
* WHAT...Very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low as 35
* WHERE...In Minnesota, Pine County. In Wisconsin, Douglas,
Bayfield, Ashland, Iron, Burnett, Washburn, Sawyer and Price
Counties. This includes the Tribal Lands of the Lac Courte
Oreilles Reservation, the Bad River Reservation, the Red Cliff
Band and the Mille Lacs Band, Lena Lake and, Hinckley areas.
* WHEN...From 6 PM Thursday to noon CST Friday.
* IMPACTS...The dangerously cold wind chills could cause frostbite
on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.
Use caution while traveling outside. Wear appropriate clothing, a
hat, and gloves.