For many people, nothing beats lounging in the backyard on the Fourth of July with good friends and family — including furry friends. While it may seem like a great idea to reward your pet with scraps from the grill and bring them along to watch fireworks, in reality some festive foods and activities can be potentially hazardous to them. The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center offers the following tips:

• Never leave alcoholic drinks unattended where pets can reach them. Alcoholic beverages have the potential to poison pets. If ingested, the animal could become very intoxicated and weak, severely depressed or could go into a coma. Death from respiratory failure is also a possibility in severe cases.

(Copyright © 2022 APG Media)

Recommended for you

Load comments