A $5,000 bail has been set for a convicted sex offender apprehended last Friday for allegedl… Read more
- Vehicular homicide charge filed after fatal crash
- Students have chance to visit Guatemala
- Baseball pairings set for Division 2
- Are you favor of a bill allowing anyone with a bachelor's degree or relevant experience to teach in Wisconsin, instead of requiring specific teaching certification?
- Warriors host Barron in softball
A homicide by negligent operation of a vehicle charge has been filed against Charlotte M. Cole, 50, of Turtle Lake in connection with the death of Susan Dewaele, 45, of Baldwin. Cole is scheduled to appear in Barron County Circuit Court for an initial hearing on the charge Wednesday, June 10.
The Rice Lake Board of Education met Tuesday evening and approved an international field trip to historical sites in Guatemala next March to be incorporated in an interdisciplinary seminar titled Understanding the Native Americas at Northern Lakes Regional Academy.
A 16-year old boy, allegedly intending to buy marijuana from a 20-year old Rice Lake man, was instead robbed at gunpoint of $800 and left unclothed at the rural scene of the “drug deal gone bad.”
The third annual Evening Under the Starts is Saturday, June 6 at the Rice Lake Public Library green space from 6-9 p.m. In case of inclement weather, the event will be moved inside the library… Read more